As the Creative Lead at Alluo, you'll be joining a small, agile team 🤲, so we're looking for someone with a general appreciation of all things design and brand building, across visual, experience 🖼️
You're comfortable taking the lead on early user research efforts, validating user pain points and the products we need to build. Our target customers vary from young professionals to the middle class of developing countries 🌍 - we're looking to create delightful, intuitive experiences for all of them.
We're on the lookout for a motivated 🏇, analytical designer with an aptitude for pixel-perfect layouts and experience with design systems but also has a creative mind and can take the lead on some of developing further our brand. You're always focused on the customer, but balance this with technical constraints and business goals. You'll have at least 3-5 years of experience, ideally working in a startup environment (fintech is a bonus!)
Three reasons this role is great:
- You'll be following a UX process from discovery, ideation, wireframing and prototyping, through testing, iteration and final design; you'll design mockups ranging from sketches to high fidelity prototypes to propose and evaluate how our product could best be improved.
- If you're looking to take ownership and lead a future team - this is the opportunity for you. We have big ambitions for growth, move at a fast pace, and you'll work autonomously from anywhere in the world.
- You'll make a difference - we're building a business that will provide access to the new financial world to the world, this is your chance to be part of the journey!
Detailed Role Description
Role Title: Creative lead
Reporting To: Flat hierarchy, working closely with other core contributors
Location: Where ever in the world you are, we have Core contributors in the UK, Portugal, Russia, Azerbaijan, Ukraine.
What you can expect to be doing:
- UX/UI: You'll be using Figma to create functional designs that allow our users to achieve their goals quickly and easily. You'll also help create and maintain a healthy design system.
- Brand Design: You will take our existing brand (alluo.io) and expand it, sometimes building graphics for our social media.
- User Research: Speaking to users and stakeholders about how and why they are using our product - and suggesting improvements accordingly.
- Collaboration: Work closely with other Core Contributors to discover and deliver solutions for our users, designing end-to-end user flows to address product requirements. - Work with developers to see designs implemented to a high fidelity
- Discovery: Keeping up on the latest trends, competitor features and patterns, analysing data, and bringing in the most innovative techniques and ideas to our team
What we’re looking for:
- You should have a solid working knowledge of the best practices, tools and techniques across user-centred design, usability research and prototyping. You keep up-to-date with the latest trends in design and technology.
- You're experienced in product design, user interface and interaction design, visual design, storytelling, and prototyping.
- You're happy to work collaboratively within a team but also solo.
- You understand that good design is not only about how things look, but how they work - it is more than fonts, colours and trends.
- You're able to communicate design decisions and the rationale behind them throughout the company.
- You have a portfolio that displays your critical thinking and design excellence, both visual and product.
- You have empathy for customer needs, and you can balance this with technical constraints and business goals.
- You are flexible; we're a young startup, and you'll be designing lots of different things - fast.
- You're a pro at Figma and have extensive experience with prototyping tools.
- You're able to coordinate with and hand over to engineers.
- You're happy to conduct user research and usability testing to ensure all designs meet client and user requirements.
- You analyse all research and feedback to gain user insight – and incorporate this feedback into new designs.
- You're passionate about solving problems and always looking for opportunities.
- You're comfortable using Miro for a range of activities, from creating process flows to leading design workshops.
The nuts and bolts:
- You must be comfortable with moving quickly from wireframe to pixel perfect and polished final designs.
- Excellent communication skills, whether it be in person, zoom, phone or email or smoke signal.
- Smart, curious, and have a willingness to sink your teeth into the role.
- A self-starter who takes initiative.
- Resilient to fast-changing requirements.
- Fintech experience is a bonus, but not a must-have!
What will you get in return?
- A work culture focused on results, not where or when you work
- ALLUO tokens, we are a blockchain-based project, we work as a DAO, everyone is a part-owner of it.
- Quarterly get-togethers somewhere in the world (the next one is in Morocco !)
- A generous comp package
- Professional development budget
Sound like the right place for you?
Yes? Great! Here's the process:
- Apply via this link with a link to your portfolio, your resume and your favourite meme.
- We will review the profiles we receive, and for those that stand out, we will set up some calls to find out more about each other.
- And then, if you like us as much as we like you, we'll make you an offer :)
- And you can start as soon as possible!